View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 11:34 PM   #14
Touch.of.ink

I thought for sure I'd done this, but maybe I was waiting for more information about my hair?

Curl Pattern: 2a/3a (nc.com), 2c/3aFi (Fia)
Density: thin
Elasticity: not sure yet
Characteristics: easily weighed down, lots of shrinkage (well, more than the stylists expect, anyway), short growing phase

CG/ModCG/not CG: Modified CG, with some discoveries that I missed a 'cone in an ingredient. I lo poo, rather than no poo.
Hard water or soft water: hard
Average climate/dew points: low (it's a desert out here!)

Protein section:
Do you PT? If so how often? Just started PT, so... once?: But I plan on doing it about once a month
How long? 30 minutes
PT with heat or steam? not really... some steam
Favorite PTs: SS RPT
Favorite products that contain protein? Nature's Gate Tea Tree conditioner seems to have a lot of protein. My hair goes through that really quickly.
Proteins your hair likes? Everything so far
Proteins your hair dislikes? Nothing that I know of, so far

Moisture section:
Do you DT? If so, how often? Just started, so once, but plan on doing it after every PT
How long? 30 minutes
DT with heat or steam? no
Favorite DTs: SS deep treatment
Favorite products to moisturize your hair: Again, Nature's Gate Tea Tree conditioner seems to work for me.
Ingredient likes: shea butter (in very small amounts), argan oil (at least, it doesn't make me greasy)
Ingredient dislikes: can't stand coconut oil!
Do you seal? If so, what do you use to seal? No sealing

Do you avoid humectants? If so, which humectants do you avoid? Do you avoid them at all dew points or only certain dew points? Don't avoid humectants yet, but it's on my list of things to pay attention to.

Low dew point combos: We only have low dew points out here, even when it's raining Jessicurls and Spiral Solutions are what I use
Normal dew point combos:
High dew point combos:

HG/Go-to Products: John Masters Organics Sea Mist, BioSilk Rock Hard Gelee, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly, Jessiculs Rockin Ringlets

Name the methods, techniques, and tricks that work for your porous hair? Scrunch and pump all the way. (Plopping doesn't work for me at this time)

Hair: Very fine, normal porous (Finally! Yay!), normal elasticity, loves high dew points.
Daily: Nature's Gate Tea Tree shampoo, GVP CB, Cure Care conditioner, aloe vera gel, Jessicurls products, Spiral Solutions products.
Monthly: Henna
As needed: John Masters Organics Sea Mist
HG Product: BioSilk Rock Hard Gelee (aka BRHG. It even has HG in the name!)
Last perm: 12/10/10
CG since: 3/9/12
Last haircut: 4/17/12
Gossamer Fringe (my blog)
Touch.of.ink is offline   Reply With Quote