View Single Post
Old 04-20-2012, 09:20 PM   #225
The New Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRock View Post
Hi Phoenix,

I admit I don't know much about make-up (pretty much a virgin LOL) so I have a question. Are there any foundations with yellow undertones which control oil and are moisturizing?

Every foundation I've ever tried makes my face look orange; even the lightest shades. My face is awkward. I have a lot of redness along with sub. dermatitis and freckles. (I'm brunette with hazel eyes) My face is oily, dry and flakes around my nose, mouth corners and forehead; I do lots of exfoliating.

I would love to wear make-up but because I've never found a good shade, I shy away from it. I've tried Clinique, Dior, MAC, Estee Lauder and most drugstore brands if that helps narrow the field. I went into Sephora once to get assistance. The associate was rude, because I was asking a lot of questions, so I left empty handed and I have never been back.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Fat Thumbs + iPhone = Errors 
Most foundations now are neither moisturizing nor oil-control. You'd be better off moisturizing and/or controlling oil in a separate step. On the oily parts, you can apply a thin layer of Milk of Magnesia (yes, the laxative). Let it dry then apply your foundation. It works well, especially if you're fair-skinned.

But are you sure your skin is dry too? That's not uncommon, but I'm asking because you say you have dermatitis (seborrheic, right?) and that can look like dryness even when it's not. Actually, seborrhea could be an overproduction of sebum/oil and an abundance of yeast. Basically it's dandruff of the face. So your skin can flake, discolor and look irritated. But that doesn't mean it's dry. Do you use anything to treat the seborrhea? If it really is dryness, I'd apply a moisturizer under the foundation. Try Embryolisse or possibly coconut oil, argan oil or jojoba oil also.

For yellow foundations, I like Becca, Kevyn Aucoin and Valana Minerals. I've also seen good reviews of Youngblood Liquid Mineral Foundation re: their yellow tones. I'm very yellow/olive and Mac is way too orangey for me too.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Kimshi4242

http://www.tumblr.com/blog/kimshi4242
The New Black is offline   Reply With Quote