I just spent a ridiculous amount of time in the health foods store, but I'm just going to take the plunge. I know I wanted something different, after all these years... And so I'm going to do it!

If you don't know, or haven't seen my pics, I'm about 10yrs, 4a/4b with pretty long, thick hair. Check out some pics from my past posts if you'd like!

I've been reading so many things though, and I don't really know which place to trust. Nikki has her own recipe, Henna for Hair does too, as does the forums. It's a lot of "maybe" for time releases and sit times.

I have about 300g of Red henna, baq. It's pretty fresh (was delivered in December), smells right, and is very fine.

I am NOT attached to my curls and nappy hair, so there is no Amla stuff. I don't care about color so I didn't hunt down Cassia. I just got the red henna. Some youtube vids say add warm water, mix and let it "release" for 30 mins, then put it in! Nikki says it's done as she's mixing. The Hairscepades lady says let it sit for 12 hours.

Some use lukewarm water, some use warmer water, some use an acid (lemon juice), some use coconut milk and honey and oil. What the c-rap am I supposed to do? I'm going to do a spot test on my skin to check for a reaction while I figure this out... Any tips?'

DIrect question: Is there any way to let the dye release for TOO long? It's 12.30 now, so if it takes 12 hours, I'll just wait until tomorrow to put it in my hair!

PS, I despise that Mehandi/Henna for Hair site. Terrible navigation!
~My salvation lies in your love... Alexi Murdoch~