I agree with Nolisha that a trimming your ends will be a good place to start. You don't have to cut off all 4 inches if you don't want--maybe start with 1 inch and see how you feel?

I've also got super long, thick curls that are very prone to dry, scraggly ends similar to a broomstick... I've been using Giovanni Direct Leave In (Target or health food store) for about a month or so and I've seen improvements for sure. Sealing your ends would be a good idea too. I hear shea is supposed to be a good sealer (check out the Shea Moisture line at Target).

Also, one thing that's helped a TON for me: get a small spray bottle (I cleaned out an old body spray bottle, so about that small) and make an all-in-one type of spray. My current spray is made of: mostly water, Shea Moisture Curl & Style Milk, Giovannit Direct, and maybe a tiny bit of gel if I feel like it. Then you can mist this over your hair, or in your case your ends.
Originally Posted by SaraNoH
I agree👆...making a spritz bottle of ur own moisture concoction will help. Water/Aloe Vera Juice & Hair Oil (which ever type u use) mix and spritz those ends a.m & p.m. As well as trimming (makes no sense hanging onto it if it'll drive u mad) & deep conditioning weekly...They'll thank u🙏

Yes....I am a "Goal Digger"🎓
*Cleanse: BoBeam, Giovanni Tea-Tree
*Rinse Cond: Herbal Essence HH
*Deep Cond: Deity America (green tub), CRN Algae Hair Mask
*Leave-in's: Soultanicals, Pura Body Naturals, Alikay Naturals Lemon-grass spritz
*Twisting: Obia Naturals TWB, PBN Cupuacu Butter, Camille Rose
*Treatment: Henna/Amla/Cassia/Brahmi
* LCSO Method

Last edited by MrsComboCurlz; 04-23-2012 at 07:44 AM.