View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 05:39 PM   #25
kimmidawn

I don't think I necessarily have a hard time combining the way I look with who I am inside, but there definitely are days when it is frustrating where I'm automatically classified as straight and I literally just want to wear a sign that says "hi my name is kimmidawn and I'm bisexual". As far as what I wear or how I do my hair though, its more for me just how I feel prettiest, not so much a part of my identity. I'm not sure if it would differ if I was lesbian rather than bisexual (since now I'm thinking about it and while there's a clear physical image of lesbian that the media and pop culture likes to use, I can't think of an equally common physical image that's portrayed for bisexuals - physical image meaning a look as opposed to somewhat more abstract descriptions).

@amandamarie, I never really consciously thought about inserting a comment that would make my sexuality known, but that's definitely a good idea. I guess part of it is since I've never actually dated a girl (I am more than open to it and could definitely see myself in a long term relationship with a woman), I don't feel like its something that can casually be dropped in conversation; I would probably be like your friend with that random comment lol. At first, I didn't even tell my female friends that I was bi because I didnt know if they would feel kind of "betrayed" that we had known each other for so long and I had kept that from them. But after nothing but positive responses, I am much more comfortable telling acquaintances and casual friends.

Low-poo: UFD Rich & Funky
Cowash: VO5 Kiwi Lime
RO: Tresemme Naturals, Aubrey Organics GPB, Ion Effective Care, MillCreek Keratin
PT/DT: IAgirl's PT, GVP CB
LI: KCKT, Cure Care, CJ CCCC Lite
Styling: Curl Keeper, As I Am Jelly, UFD Curly Magic, CJ Curl Queen, TIGI Strong Hold Mousse

http://public.fotki.com/kdawn12/

^^ day 1 of going CG; avatar = 6 months later
kimmidawn is offline   Reply With Quote