Also, well done, Fifi! I hate when people pull the "Well, she must be a lesbian; look at her hair!" act.
Originally Posted by amandamarie
Well thank you. I tried It had deeper meaning, to me, as well. At this point in the 90's (in our early 20's) a large number of my friends, who I had known from the first day of school or since the first day of high school, were coming out to friends and family. I had been the first person a friend had told, on 3 occasions thus far, and had been asked to be with them when they came out to their parents twice. Growing up in a small, southern, predominately baptist town... You never knew which way it would go. The whole judging a book by it's cover thing has always frustrated me, and watching the stress and turmoil my friends went through for simply being themselves frustrated me more. It felt good, at least in part, to give a butt chewing and/or hopefully share some reasoning. At least my friends had a very tight knit "immediate" support group. We didn't have one close straight male friend who reacted badly when another male friend came out, or vice versa with females. If anything, they were upset the friend had not came out sooner and that the idea he/she might be shunned or treated differently had even crossed their minds. If only everyone could be so lucky.

Anyway, nuff said. I truly just wanted to drop by and say "hello, hello, hello!" Didn't mean to ramble.
When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??