I didn't see it but from what you described, it sounds like maybe the curls are brushed out? If that's the case, of course they have terrible hair, they probably manipulated these poor women into getting their lovely curls all brushed and teased so that it looked like they had horrible hair and then they'd have a reason to do a hair make over show. I'm sure they didn't need anything done to their hair before getting on the show.
Originally Posted by DominicanaHeat
Thats exactly how it looked to me. I know, because before I found this wonderful NC site, thats what I used to do, and I would wonder why on earth my hair was so bad. I get frustrated with many makeover shows (tho I still absolutely love to watch them) because 99% of the time they will make a curly girl straight.

Once I remember on 'What Not To Wear" they had a girl with beautiful curly hair and after he cut it he put mousse in it and dried it with a diffuser. It looked gorgeous when he was done. But honestly thats one of the few times I can remember when shows left curly hair alone. Kuddo's to nick on what not to wear!
"Time may be a great healer, but it's a lousy beautician"