i've noticed pre-pooing before i co wash w/ curl junkies' daily fix or wash period world.
recently, i've discovered it and i officially have added it to my regiment.
Chicoro's(as well as Nike') super awesome moisture drenched prepoo.
n a bowl I (prefer an applicator bottle, less mess) mix
• ½ cup of aloe vera juice or whole leaf aloe vera
• 1-2 tablespoons of your favorite oil (wheat germ, olive, safflower, walnut etc)
*i used 1tbsp of peppermint oil and 1tbsp of jojoba oil
In a separate Bowl melt
• Food grade coconut oil (1/4 cup)
i poured the mixture in an applicator bottle for easy handling over a rosemary leaf.
• Sit the bottle or jar in hot water- do not put in microwave or on the stove!
Remember, everyone's hair has different needs. You may need more or less of this mixture. Or, your hair may not like this at all. None of these will irrevocably change your hair. Thus, you just need to wash out the mixture if your hair doesn't like it.
1. Using your fingers, separate your hair into 4- 8 sections. If your hair is caked with hard product, rinse your hair first. Gently handle the first section. First, smooth the hair in a downward direction. You are just trying to make sure that all the hair is going in one direction. You don't need to completely detangle the hair at this point.
2. Dip your hair in the bowl (this is where i used the applicator bottle instead and distributed it with little to no mess) of aloe vera and oil or cup your hands in the mixture and transfer it to the section onto your hair. Work it through. Get the aloe vera/oil mix into your hair from root to tip. Make sure it is moist throughout the sectioned hair. If your hair is long enough, twist it and wrap it around like a bantu knot. If it is not, try to twist it and move it out the way. Repeat until you have done this to each section.
3. You should have a head full of aloe vera mixed with oil twisted sections. Go back to the first twist you did. Undo it, pour the liquid coconut oil in your hand and work through the section. Re-twist it and repeat on whole head. Place a plastic shower cap on your head for 15-60 minutes. Your moisturizing pre-poo is complete!
I left mine in overnight and washed in the morning.
3b/c medium/thick curly hair
Goal lengths: Mid Back
CG method since 2010
CO wash:CJ Daily Fix; Beauticurls Strengthening Cond.
Rinse out CO:CJ Beauticurls
Leave-in: still figuring that out.
Stylers: Hair Rules: kinky curly creme
Sealers: Moroccan Oil
stil figuring out my staples
Last edited by kurlyVONNE; 04-26-2012 at 10:33 AM.