Hi! I'm a fine haired curly from CO and have the same issues with dryness in general, and protein and glycerin specifically. I'm still working on what products work best, but thought I'd share what I've learned so far.

I've discovered that some glycerin is okay in my wash/RO, but not so good on anything I leave in my hair (unless its way down the ingredient list) I've also discovered that same principle with protein - a little is okay in my wash/RO, but not in LI or styling product. I also just recently learned that certain natural ingredients are protein rich, like coconut oil, so you may need to consider that when you look at ingredients.

So far, my favorite products are CJ Daily Fix for cleansing, and Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture for my RO. I've heard good things about Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle and Rose condish, but have not tried. For LI I've been trying Oyin Handmade Hair Dew - this is protein and glycerin free and seems to be super moisturizing for my hair. I also really like the Spiral Solutions Curl Enhancing Jelly as a styler/frizz reducer (also protein and glycerin free) but it doesn't have a lot of hold, so you may want to try a gel over top. ( I've heard good things about their Firm Hold Gel, but haven't tried it). I had some decent results with Curl Keeper, but it does contain glycerin - I used it over the Hair Dew and only used a little, so maybe that's why it wasn't too bad.

One suggestion someone gave me was to try sealing with an oil before styling - I just picked up some EO Conditioning Serum from Vitamin Cottage (its a mixture of oils) and am going to give that a try - maybe like I would have with a silicone frizz/shine serum before going CG. I also highly recommend the weekly DT - I just add some EVOO and honey to my Tresemme Naturals condish and let that sit under a shower cap for about an hour - makes my hair feel like silk!

HTH!

Sent from my PC36100 using CurlTalk App
2c/3a, botticelli/wavy/'swavy (huh?)
fine, dense, normal porosity/elasticity, dry climate

My favorite brands are Kinky Curly, As I am, Curly Kinks, Curl Junkie, and Darcy's Botanicals. Also love sealing with oils (loving argan oil right now) and styling with jelly products (KCCC is my current favorite). Mostly trying to keep it simple!

CG since 12/29/2011