View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012, 02:49 PM   #1
Pheebie

Default LA Looks Sport gel causing dryness?

Recently I had taken a hiatus from using my HG gel, LA Looks Sport. I had simply been using a dab of my CO wash (V05 Kiwi Lime) in place of gel or other styling products. My hair felt soft and had sufficient volume, but there was very little curl formation, with more frizz and less shine than I like.
(No fault of the V05 - I get those same results whenever I don't use gel or a styling product.)

Having grown tired of blah hair days, a few days ago I decided to re-introduce LA Looks sport gel to my hair ~ and I had an *amazing* hair day ~ beautiful, soft, shiny, frizz-free curls & volume.
The following two days, I did the exact same routine, using the same products and techniques
; however, my hair has felt dry and a little lifeless, not the way it looked on my first day back with LALSG.
What gives? Is it the protein in the gel? Any input/ideas/theories/advice would be greatly appreciated.
Fave Rinse-Out Conditioners: HE Hello Hydration; L'oreal Everstrong.
Styling Routine: Squish-scrunch product /conditioner into soaking wet, upside down hair; plop for 10 minutes, air dry. (Diffuser dry front section.)
Fave Styling Products: Tigi Curl Amplifier Creme; Batia & Aleeza gel; Giovanni Sunset Styler; LA Looks Sport Gel.
Pheebie is offline   Reply With Quote