View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 08:53 PM   #241
LeanneM

Hi CurlsForMe,

It's so interesting to read people's stories about how they found the CG method! Like you, my stylists always straightened my hair, and I've been miserable with it my entire life since I never could straighten it myself like they could. I've always kept it super short, until about two years ago, when a new stylist encouraged me to grow it out. When it got a few inches past my ears and I noticed waves appearing, I looked into styling it -- and discovered the whole CG method! It honestly has changed my life since I'd been pretty unhappy with my hair for all of my adult life. I now understand why I could never get it to be straight -- because I don't have straight hair!

Thanks for the color tips and recommendations! I've had to color my hair for a few years because of the gray, but it's gotten worse ever since I turned 40 last summer, and now I have to go in pretty often to cover my roots. I looked into the Robert Craig color and am thinking of trying it. It looks like it's pretty easy to use, and a lot of the gals around here recommend it! I even got some great help to a question I posted about it.

So you know how I was saying that I haven't been as happy with my hair ever since my last cut? Well, today I actually liked it! Silly, finicky hair! I think I will head back to Vickie in August, though, or try the Devachan Salon in LA; I like having someone do my hair who is knowledgeable about the Deva products. I've been really liking them, and wish I had tried them sooner!

Vickie and Suzanne also just "oxygenated" my ends, but the slight trim was amazing! I still feel like all the Deva stylists are really heavy-handed with the products (I hate feeling like I have a lot of stuff in my hair), but it's nice to see how they use each product.

It's been fun chatting!
Daily conditioner: Deva One C or CJ Beauticurls Strengthening Hair Cond or GPB
Styling products: Deva B'Leave In + Deva Curl Cream + AnGel; or
SS CEJ + BRHG; or AG: Recoil + BRHG; or KCKT + KCCC + BRHG
Treatments: SS protein treatment or CJ Curl Fix or Nexxus Emergencee + CJ Curl Rehab

LeanneM is offline   Reply With Quote