View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 12:09 PM   #7
amandamarie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mochaccino View Post
I just came across this super helpful site. She's explaing how to do finger waves, not the kind of waves I'm looking for, but most of what she's describing should still be applicable to my routine. Here's the link: How to Do Finger Waves & vintage hair setting recipes Imitation of Vintage life
What do you guys think of her suggestions?
Looks like she's recommending a basic flaxseed gel as a good alternative, which I know a lot of us like. It has a pretty light hold but depending on how well your hair holds a style it might work well. I wouldn't recommend the gelatin version because I noticed you have coarse hair which makes protein generally a no no.

I can't speak to her techniques much, though. I've never used KCCC for anything but curl enhancement either,

Favorite products: Kinky-Curly Knot Today, Kinky-Curly Curling Custard, Curl Junkie Curls in a Bottle, Curl Junkie Curl Rehab, Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Smoothing Lotion, Shea Moisture Curl and Style Milk, homemade flaxseed gel.

Still looking for a cleanser I like.
amandamarie is offline   Reply With Quote