Now that humid weather is hitting many areas most of us are hunting for products that can refresh curls from poofy frizz, and tame all the fuzzy hairs that get loose during the day.

I've found a product that is working beautifully for me. It called Curls Passion Fruit Curl Control Paste. I purchased a 4 oz. jar at Sally's for $7.99, and I've also seen this on the shelf at my Target for around the same price.

I think of this more as a highly, highly concentrated gel, rather than as a "paste". It's a translucent, amber-colored jam-like substance that smells fantastic. It has the same delicious vanilla, coconut, caramel fragrance as Coconut Curlada and Creme Brulee. (The scent is what initially lured me into the Curls -the one at Sally's and Target- line, but I honestly love every product I've tried.) When I use this paste, I thoroughly wet both my hands, scoop out a little glob of gel, rub it between my palms, and then scrunch it all over my dry hair. The gel dries very quickly (within an hour or two, which is good for me), and it doesn't get crunchy! Instead, it has a gummy feel that dries to a "springy" curl feeling. This stuff kills frizz, and it has remarkable hold. If I have a glob of hair sticking up or out, I can take a little of this paste, without water, and sort of "glue" my hair down. This product is very sticky, so without water it could be a gooey mess.

This adds shine, which is needed mid-week when my hair starts looking dull. The more water this is mixed with, the more I can elongate my curls. Less water, tighter curls. I love the smell, but it's not strong. I don't smell it after my hair is dry, which is fine. I can't stand overpowering scents in hair products.

It's always nice to have a pomade around, but so many contain waxes and silicones, and they make my hair look matted a couple of hours after application. Passion Fruit Paste, remarkably, stays fresh-looking, and light. I'm finding this to be fantastic for 2nd/3rd day hair, as well as an emergency frizz-buster. The uplifting scent is a bonus!

Ingredients:Water, Ceteareth-25, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Glycerin, Isostearyl Isostearate, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Shea Butter, Mango Seed Butter, Jojoba Oil, Vitamin E Oil, Tetrahexyldecyl, Ascorbate, Passion Fruit Oil, Evening Primrose Oil, Hydroxyptopyltrimonium, Hydrolyzed Maize Starch, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance
3b/c, Coarse, Low Porosity, Desert Climate
CG since August 2011/Occasionally Modified since 2013
Favorites:KCKT/KCCC/CHS Curl Keeper/Camille Rose Curl Maker/
ORS Curls Unleased Second ChanceRefresher/
It's a 10 Leave-in/BRHG/
Jane Carter Nourish & Shine butter/
Ouidad Double-Detangler Comb