View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 04:58 PM   #25
emthefantastical

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorahBugg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepymeko View Post
I think the whole acceptance of gay marriage would do good for the youth, since I personally believe and from my own personal experience, that the majority of us are in support of gay marriage. But I think it'll harm older and more conservative generations who were on the fence.

Personally, I am happy that he supports gay marriage, but I'm not sure how this will work for him this year
I agree. My grandma and her friends are socially conservative but leaning toward Obama because they're scared of losing their Medicare. Most of them are Catholics and religious so are paying attention there. They could go either way. I don't know about other religions but the Church is getting more involved in politics and I know something like this is going to influence voters who are made to feel guilty about voting for Obama already.
Maybe it's just the area I'm from, but I see just as many people in their 20's against gay marriage as older people against it. I also come from a fairly conservative city, and went to Catholic schools all my life, so that could be part of it.

cowash: Suave Tropical Coconut
rinse-out: GFTN, One-C
styling: LALSG, BRHG, EcoStyler

emthefantastical is offline   Reply With Quote