I'm sort of annoyed 'cause I'm kind of like, thanks, Barry, glad you finally decided to come to the party, but you're a little late ...? Where's he been on this the last four years?

I'm sorry, I just can't get it up to celebrate when someone deigns to start openly supporting my right to marry whomever I fall in love with, even when that person is the President. It disgusts me that this conversation even needs to be had.
Originally Posted by amandamarie
There isn't much he could do on it even if it was a priority for him because he has Congress and state governments to deal with AND he has to win re-election. I doubt in my lifetime, Florida or Ohio pass gay marriage if it remains a state issue. He has win them to be re-elected which is why I wish he would've waited. I don't think this issue alone is a dealbreaker, but it gives more ammo to Republicans to paint Obama as too left-wing for the people or whatever.

Sometimes, I feel like Obama doesn't want to win. He seems so downtrodden, it worries me. I think he's done a lot or tried to do a lot with the Congress he has to work with.

Last edited by NorahBugg; 05-10-2012 at 11:36 AM. Reason: typo