View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 11:00 AM   #150
lazyloops

Curl Pattern: 2a/b [2a-Fi]
Texture: very fine
Porosity: low (but demi-dyed)
Density: medium
Elasticity: normal to high
Characteristics: flat top/no root curl, easily weighed down, doesn't hold curl well, and it must be encouraged. Scrunching is a must, but it causes some frizz. Must low-poo every other day because low-porosity doesn't allow for hair to absorb scalp oils.

CG/ModCG/not CG: Modified since 2010. Low-poo every other day. All other products are CG-approved.

Hair ingredient likes: ??
Hair ingredient dislikes: ?? Heavy oils

Hard/Soft Water: Soft, city water.

HG/Go-to Products: I regularly use Garnier Fructise Triple Nutrition Conditioner and Suave Naturals Coconut Conditioner. I have no HG products yet.

Products that didn't work for me: Kinky-Curly Spiral Spritz. Curls - Goddess Curls. Neither gave me any hold, and they weighed down my hair.

Average climate/dew points: Humid spring and fall. Dry mid-summer. Dry mid-winter. Lots of fluctuation from day to day, and even between morning and afternoon. Metro Detroit

Favorite styling techniques and why:
Air-dry or diffuser, with mousse. I find that styling products that don't dry crunchy don't seem to hold my wave. I need to dry with a wet-look and the SOTC (without additional products), or so it seems.

To wash, I am currently using L'oreal Sulfate-free shampoo, watered-down in a foaming hand-soap pump dispenser. I use 5-10 pumps of foam to wash my hair.

Techniques that didnít work and why: no-poo/co-wash. My scalp produces too much oil to go more than 2.5 days without any detergent.

Hair Twins: I'm looking for a hair twin to be my CG big sister. I need product advice. I'm overwhelmed by the variety of products and I figure my hair twins can save me some time and money. Where are you?

lazyloops is offline   Reply With Quote