My hair is the kind of hair that has to be 'done' to look good. That's OK, 'cause when it's done it is apparently enviable, I get a lot of attention for it. But if I don't manage it with gel and so on, it really just looks like a tumbleweed. I see people who have my hair and aren't doing it and it doesn't look good.

And I look OK without makeup but can look much better painted, I'm pretty good at doing the makeup and so far it still does work - not sure how this will play out as i get older, but for now makeup looks better than none.

So yeah, I do kind of think my look requires maintainence. But I'll maintain it and at least hair does do something nice without having to be permed or straightened or anything, and I don't need surgeries to look good, LOL. because I 'clean up alright'.

And *really* I think high maintainence is the ladies who get their hair and nails done every week and buy clothes and shoes all the time, and lots of massages and spa visits, fancy cars and so on. I don't think that just doing your hair and makeup and getting dressed in the morning qualifies you as high maintainence.
2c / C / iii (FIA)
Med-Coarse, LowPorosity, NormalElast (LCLF)

Shoulder-Length now.

Wash: DevaCare Low Poo
Detangle & Rinseout: Walgreens or Sally's Conditioning Balm (always)
Leave-in: DevaCare OneC (budget choice is GFTN)
Style: ReCoil & DevaCare Arc Angel (budget choices are HESMU or Got2BSpikedUp)

Henna!