View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 05:38 AM   #2
kathymack

One of the best things you can do is determine your hair properties. Here's a link to help Live Curly Live Free - Curly Hair Basics Once you determine your properties, you can look for folks with hair like yours and see what they use (in signatures.)

I have lots of allergies and can't use some of the products that have been popular during my time on nc.com (CK, Shea M leave in, anything Bioterra.) Your issues could be any ingredient. It takes time to get to know what your hair likes and doesn't like. Sometimes you can narrow down the problem ingredient and sometimes you can't.

Many of us start out with Deva and think we like it, then more on to other things. They did a major ingredient change a few years ago, so many of those who loved it couldn't use it anymore.

My hair prefers the more natural products from the online, boutique type companies. Like many, I rotate products, seldom using any one product more then once every five days. I'm "picky" about my styling products and how I combine them. While I have many rinse out conditioners, I'm not as "picky" about what I choose each day because I am rinsing it out.

Fine and porous hair usually love protein, coarse hair does not. I do at least one PT a week and use a lot of products with protein. Because I use really rich products on a regular basis, I never need to DT.

Only products on your list that I use are the CJ Daily Fix and Argan & OO conditioner.

SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me
kathymack is offline   Reply With Quote