I haven't read through all of the replies, so forgive me if I say something that has already been mentioned.

I don't think it's pertinent that you wear a gown to this black-tie even, especially since you'll be working. If you find that a shorter cocktail dress is more comfortable, then, by all means, wear one!

You also stated that you'll be handling some of the dogs. If you're worried about picking up dog hair, look for a dress in a slick fabrics, such as satin. However, most slick fabrics are more difficult to clean stains out of...so keep that in mind! If you go for another fabric, try this little trick: dampen a sheet of fabric softener and rub it all over your dress. This should help to repel the dog hair. No matter what you decide on, though, be sure to pack a small lint roller in your clutch!

Also! Try not to pick anything to too many frills, sequins or thingies hanging off of it...you don't want to pups to get their claw caught on anything and snag your dress!

Knot So Fast Dress | Rent The Runway
Knot So Fast Dress | Rent The Runway
ASOS | ASOS Mesh Skater Dress With Twist Front at ASOS
That Magenta Moment Dress | Mod Retro Vintage Dresses | ModCloth.com
Originally Posted by Rimi
I could rent a dress!!!!!!
Originally Posted by thelio
Haha, absolutely! It's so simple! It comes to you dry cleaned (although I had mine cleaned again...just to be certain), and when you have to return it, you just put it in the pre-labeled bag that they send with the dress and stick it in the mail.

I rented this one for my prom:
http://www.renttherunway.com/shop/de...eybandagedress
20 y/o lifelong natural {4a-O ; spongy ; coarse ; dense ; ~MBL stretched (2 inches from WL)}

products {'poo: TJTTT shampoo | RO: TJTTT Condish | LI/style: TJTTT Condish, SM Manuka Conditioner, homemade cocoa butter cream | DC: condish + ayurvedic powder(s), SM Manuka Mask | PT: condish + NPF | oils: castor oil, grapeseed oil | other treatments: probiotics, tea rinses, AVG rinse/spritz, oil rinse | sealing method: LOCO}

long-term: HL stretched, BSL unstretched

CG-friendly Products List!