View Single Post
Old 05-19-2012, 09:17 AM   #2
Viomalva

My faves are the Raw Shea Reconstructive Masque, the Reconstructive Elixir and the African Black Soap Purification mask.

I have not yet used the Shea Masque as a DT, but I love it as a daily moisturizer/leave in conditioner. My hair stays moist for days! However, it doesn't have much hold, per se.

I use the reconstructive elixir for all kinds of things lol. But mostly for sealing in moisture or I use it to close the cuticle after I blow dry my hair (per the recommendations on the bottle). Sometimes I'll just apply a little to my hair in the mornings for shine. I've found that it is better to spray it on your hands and then work into hair as opposed to spraying directly on the hair.

I use the purification masque as a pre-poo treatment. It provides pretty good slip for my pre-shampoo detangling session (I don't like to detangle in the shower). It has also helped with my dandruff issues significantly. The tea tree oil in it provides a slight tingly sensation that feels great on the scalp.

I purchased the Curl & Shine Kit as well, but I think I am the only natural in the world who is not blown away by the Curl Enhancing Smoothie. It left my hair coated & producty, and on top of that didn't really provide hold. Plus the smell (for me) was too sweet. The Curl & Style Milk was just ok as well.

Hope this helps!
Viomalva is offline   Reply With Quote