There are very few things that actually do anything for anti-aging. Retin-A is one. Retinol is not Retin-A...retinols are basically a waste of time and money, but some people think they help a teeny-weeny bit...they don't, but perception is reality I guess. Not everyone can tolerate Retin-A because it's so drying and irritating. One must start slow with a low dosage and work up gradually. If you're a dry-skinned person, you can try Renova, which is Retin-A mixed with heavy moisturizers. Renova is an Rx product, just like Retin-A. Retin-A products speed up cell turnover and uncover fresh new skin faster, and also reverses sun damage.

Vitamin C products can help brighten skin and reverse sun damage. It doesn't look like you need help with that, since you wisely avoided sun most of your life.

For skin firming, the only thing clinically proven to help is DMAE. It's a vitamin derivative that is used in a alkaline base, which can be irritating and drying. PSFskincare.com has the only DMAE product that I know of that is at the proper pH that was tested to be effective. Lots of other companies offer DMAE, but if the pH is wrong, it's worthless.

That's about it. Moisturizer is of no value in anti-aging. It's also over-hyped by the skincare industry to get our money. They tell us that EVERYONE needs moisturizer. Not true. You only need to use moisturizer if your skin feels dry. If you don't have a dryness issue, than you don't need it. I never use moisturizer, because my skin is naturally oily.

Sunscreen...has been proved to be a bunch of bologna in recent years. The people with the most sun damage and skin cancers are the ones who use the most sunscreen. Better to avoid the sun, and wear hats and seek shade, than to smear expensive sunscreen on your face every day and have a false sense of security that you're helping your skin, especially the folks who think that a thin coat of sunscreen applied at 7am is doing anything for them at 2pm. It's only good for a couple hours folks. That's it. And if you want decent protection from it, you need to apply it quite thickly...more thickly than would look good under makeup.

Your skin looks really good, Speck.