I think much of the "sunscare" is over-hyped. We need some sun --some of us need more than others. I have a skin condition. Last year, purely out of vanity for a wedding I was going to be in, I decided to do some controlled tanning (in a tanning bed). At the time, I (TMI alert) had red, oozing sores along my hairline, and I was developing the same thing on two of my fingers. It was painful and very embarrassing. After about 2 weeks of tanning for 10 minutes every other day, it was all gone. ALL of it. Not only that, but my skin was glowing. It truly was. I stopped tanning after about a month, but made sure to get at least 10 minutes of sun most days, making sure a large portion of my skin was exposed.

The sores stayed gone until about mid-winter, when it all started coming back. I dealt with it for awhile, but it got so bad that I went back to the tanning salon. It's all gone again. I can only conclude that it has something to do with a lack of Vitamin D. Before anyone asks, yes I did try to keep my D levels up by eating Vitamin D rich foods and taking supplements. It never did a thing. I've been battling this condition for 8 years. If UV exposure is what makes it go away, then I obviously need the exposure. The key is to avoid burning, and I do avoid it.

I also don't use suncreen. I have a hard time with the idea that I should be so afraid of the sun that I'm willing to slather myself in chemicals and let the sun bake them into my skin. No thanks.

I do agree with RCW that not everyone needs moisturizers. I do because I have dry skin, but not everyone does.

My .02
2C/3A, fine, higher porosity.