I voted YES! When I first discovered NC in 2002 (I lurked for a while before joining), I adopted a lot of the tips and products to great effect and was SO HAPPY In fact, satisfaction with my hair and being busy with work/life led me to stop posting for a looong time. I'm back recently because I want to embrace my curls more and try to wean myself off chemicals yet still look styled and professional for work.

I basically love the products that I use but am always on the look out for other (or even better) products. My absolute favorites (all used on a rotating basis, i.e. only 1 conditioner and 2 styling products at a time), include:

DT: jessicurl; ouidad

Conditioners: redken all butter; kenra iet; jessicurl ts; alterna hemp; ouidad cq; aubrey organics gpb; suave; vo5 oasis

Cleansers: lamas botantical chinese herbs shampoo; avalon organics clarifying shampoo; nioxin scalp therapy

Styling products: shea butter; generic sebastian 9; curls essential elements and curl enhancer lotion; jessicurl rr; chs curl keeper; fekkai glossing cream; (in winter) biolage gelee watered down; (in summer) fantasia ic watered down; ouidad cc or tress f/x; (year-round) aubrey organics mandarin magic hair jelly

Color maintenance: biolage earth tones, artec and quantum conditioners, kenra daily provision spray, vo5 detangle and shine
"Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people."

"I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then we live with that decision."
- Eleanor Roosevelt (both quotes)

(taking a break from posting starting late august 2009)