I don't believe that's Alicia's natural curl pattern. I hear people saying she's a 3b all the time and I don't believe it. She has dye damage and heat damage in her hair.

Naturally she's a 3c/4a mix leaning more 3c IMO:

By high school she definitely looks like she's texturized. And yep..she definitely got that nose done too.

Personally..I like her damaged hair though just fine. Looks pretty to me when she just lets it go wild like in the photos BlessedBMyRoots posted.
Originally Posted by *Marah*

I don't think she has dye damage or anything I just think that back then she just had a hard time defining her curls and there also has never been hair product out for our natural hair like it is now. I don't think those pictures are relevant for guessing her hair type cus it looks like its kind of picked out in one and like there's nothing in it in the other. Keep in mind that's she's mixed, perhaps her mom didn't know how to care for her hair type.
Originally Posted by bleuyteuy
I disagree. I think her hair in the photo I posted at the top and the ones of her walking on the street look partly heat damaged. It's probably from the constant manipulation from hair stylists. I rarely see her hair in an unmanipulated state. I heard her say once that's why she got braids when she first came out because she was tired of people fooling with her hair all the time.
Her hair in her senior photo looks very healthy defined. People were using gel back them. Either way I think her hair is very pretty.