Thanks for the responses!
Poemaxx: Do you use anything else with the AOMM? I can get that on the ground so it's very tempting to try.
Originally Posted by MKcurly
I use either AOHR as a moisturizing RO or AOGBP for a protein boost RO depending on how my hair is feeling. Then I apply Mandarin Magic to wet hair until it feels "seaweedy". I haven't had to use a leave-in with it. I do sometimes seal with coconut oil though, especially if it's humid out. HTH!

What about Aubrey Organics Mandarin Magic Jelly? I absolutely looooove it. <3 I get mine at vitacost.com.
Originally Posted by poemaXX
So I was looking up the ingredients for this... what in the world is "Earth Smoke"? hahaha... well, it still goes on my wish list.
Originally Posted by SaraNoH
Earth Smoke is some sort of plant. Mandarin Magic Jelly has several herbs I don't really know the purpose of (allegedly "eight hair-nourishing Chinese herbals"). Works for me, so I don't mind!

I got a half-full bottle of the AOMM off the swap board and I have to say I hated it. It was not a "gel" as I would define it. Very watery with really no hold at all. Although, to be fair I never got a brand new bottle so I can't say with 100% certainty that this is how the product normally is. Regardless, it was a big bust for me and something I would never repurchase.
Originally Posted by curvesncurls
The fact that it isn't a gel is what I love about it though. I have a thick head of hair and I hated the heavy feeling a lot of gels left in my hair. I also hate crunch and product flaking. Ugh. Anyway, I think the product is as you purchased it not as thick as most gels I've tried and not sticky. However, I find it gives me great shine and clumps, but as these boards are evidence of each mane of curly hair has a mind of its own! Hope you've found products that work for your locks.

What about Aubrey Organics Mandarin Magic Jelly? I absolutely looooove it. <3 I get mine at vitacost.com.
Originally Posted by poemaXX
What type of hold would you say this has?
Originally Posted by kimmidawn
I want to say it has a soft hold because it doesn't stiffen and crunch like other gels. However, I find it defines my curls well and makes them shiny. It's an unusual product definitely hit or miss according to what I've read on the boards. It's my HG. <3
|| 3b; normal porosity; fine/normal texture || CG since Feb 2010 || SD/dandruff prone

Current Routine BAQ henna 1/month Leave-in OH Hair Dew Cheapie Conditioner Tresemme Naturals Moisturizing
Old Stand-bys extra-virgin coconut oil Protein AO GPB; Moisture AO HR Style AOMMJ Kept for troubleshooting.
Waiting to try extra-wide curlformers SD treatment H&S Clinical Strength