Hi All,

First off, sorry this is so long!! I frequent the boards a lot and have been grabbing information here and there and trying things out. I've been trying to find out why my hair always feels dry regardless of how well I take care of it.

I did a curl analysis and look like I have medium texture and porosity and elasticty are normal. I pretty much use only these 3 products: Jessicurl Hair Cleansing Crea, Jessicurl Deep Conditioning Treatment and Bath and Body Works Conditioner (<==I know the BBW is BAD but it smells so darn good!!!) Here are the ingredients for them:

Jessicurl Hair Cleansing Cream
Water (Aqua), Decyl Polyglucose, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Vegetable Glycerin, Behentrimonium Methosulfate (and) Cetearyl Alcohol, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, C 12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, PEG 150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate, Diazolidinyl Urea (and) Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate

Jessicurl Deep Conditioning Treatment
Water (Aqua) infused with Equisetum Maximum Lam (Horsetail), Mentha Piperita (Peppermint), Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary), Laurus Nobilis (Bay Leaf), Ocimum Basilicum (Basil), Arctium Lappa (Burdock Root), Althaea Officinalis (Marshmallow Root), Origanum Vulgare (Oregano), Cymbopogon Flexuosus (Lemongrass), Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme), Salvia Officinalis (Sage) and Urtica Dioica (Nettle); Behentrimonium Methosulfate (and) Cetearyl Alcohol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Soy Lecithin, Diazolidinyl Urea (and) Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate

BBW Conditioner
Water, Stearyl Alcohol, Cyclomethicone, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Panthenol, Dimethicone, Fragrance, Glutamic Acid, Benzyl Alcohol, Pathenyl Ethyl Ether, EDTA, Butylene Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Amyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Benzoate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, Yellow 5, Blue 1.

I also want to mention I only wash my hair 2-3 times per week. When I do wash its with the conditioner only. I'll wash with the cleansing cream 3-4 times per month, which I tolerate only bc its sulfate free but for some reason my hair feels sooooo gross after washing with this. It feels rough and slightly sticky like theres a film on my hair. I use the Deep Conditoner as a leave in/styling product and once in a while I'll use that and coat it with a think layer of jojoba oil.

I've gotten to a point where I dont like to wear my hair curly bc its a lot of maintenance. When I have to use the products in it to make it look good I feel yucky having that stuff in my hair for longer than a day. I usually pull it back in a messy bun or I straighten it out a bit a put some loose curls with a curling iron in it. But I only do that a few times a month so I have very little styling damage. Problem is I cant help but feel like my hair is not shiny enough or soft enough.

My question is with the products Im currently using my hair still seems dull and dry. I've been reading so much on ingredients to use and avoid and in what order to put them and in all honesty I'm so overwhelmed. I know my hair HATES protein. Im not really interested in keeping my curls looking great. I just want my hair in general to look great weather its straight or curly. If that means using cones once in a while is that it takes?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Im exhausted at researching this!! : )

Thanks!