Here is the thread to support each other as we embark on 30 Day Shred. You can post your results, your frustrations, your triumphs, or your desire to flip the bird to Jillian Michaels as she's kicking our collective asses!

Anyone who is currently going through this program, has completed the program, is thinking of starting the program is encouraged to participate. I believe there is power in numbers and it's more fun to do something challenging when you know you have others in the same boat. We can do this!

Here is my post from the BeachBody thread, posted yesterday, as I begin the journey:

I started the BeachBody, Slim in 6 series yesterday afternoon. I like the workout, but found it to be too easy, really. I like the concept and will stick with it, but I will be supplementing it with JM's 30-Day Shred, which I started this morning. That workout is more intense.

Some background: I have been a runner/jogger in the past, but due to IT band issues that began affecting my knees, I haven't run since August of last year. I also do light weightlifting 3x per week. I'm 49 and consider myself to be in decent shape for my age. But without being able to run, over the holidays the weight started piling on - 15 pounds of it!!! I love to cook and I love to eat and that is not a good combination for losing or maintaining my weight. I'm determined to blast that 15 pounds off and an additional 5 pounds to get me to where I feel the most comfortable.

So, my plan is to do the JM workouts in the morning, and the BB workout in the afternoon. I will supplement with a daily Pilates reformer routine. I find that to be a relaxing way to gently stretch my muscles in the evening without breaking a sweat. I have been tracking my diet/calories on WebMD. I will weigh in every week, most likely on Friday mornings. To keep myself accountable, and as embarrassing as it is for me to admit, my starting weight as of this morning is 140 lbs. I'm 5' 3.5" tall and I feel most comfortable around 120 lbs., so that's my goal. Wish me luck!!!
A few other curlies have voiced their desire to have a 30 Day Shred support thread, so here it is! Won't you join us?
Formerly misspam.

Reminds me of my safari in Africa. Somebody forgot the corkscrew and for several days we had to live on nothing but food and water. - W. C. Fields

Last edited by SilverCurls; 09-01-2012 at 08:16 AM.