Today's update:

Today was my 5th consecutive day of 'Shredding'. Getting through the workouts is getting slightly easier although I'm still not doing all the push-ups. Different muscles were sore this morning: upper chest, triceps, and inner thighs. I also noticed my hamstrings and calves felt tight today and the jumpropes had me grimacing. lol I still need extra stretching after the workout, and that is the one area where I feel JM is deficient. I felt pretty good when I finished today, though.

I am still doing an afternoon workout with the BB Slim in 6 DVDs. I moved on to the second level today. That workout is 54 minutes long, but I only completed 45 minutes as the last part was more push-ups and ab work that I didn't care to repeat. I am really not liking this series. I don't find it motivating enough to stick it out. The music is lame and the workouts are just not challenging enough. My plan was to do both workouts daily for a week for a nice jumpstart, and today was day 6. I think instead I will use some step aerobics DVDs for more cardio. I will also shoot for working out 6 days a week. It's what I'm use to and it works well for me. I'll take Sundays off to let my body rest.

The diet is going pretty well. I'd say I'm sticking to a very clean diet plan about 90% of the time. I did slip this weekend and had a glass of wine - I NEEDED it! I was also ready to kill for a potato chip, so I gave in and had a small handful. I'm expecting my period any day now, and I always get a craving for salty, crunchy things. And because of my impending period, I'm not looking forward to Friday's weigh-in, due to the usual 1 to 2-lb. weight gain I invariably get at that time of the month. Plus, I have a tendency to gain a little muscle when I begin strength training before I begin losing pounds on the scale.

Oh, well. I'm just going to continue plugging along. I hope my workout buddies are doing well. Let's hear some updates!
Formerly misspam.

Reminds me of my safari in Africa. Somebody forgot the corkscrew and for several days we had to live on nothing but food and water. - W. C. Fields

Last edited by SilverCurls; 06-11-2012 at 05:24 PM. Reason: spelling