Curlsnswirls, we're not completely hair twins, but based on your product list, it looks like our hair likes the same things. My hair is fine, normal porosity, and normal elasticity. Although it's fine, it's pretty dense, so I can handle some heavier products. I also live in a dry climate (Colorado) so the dews are in the 20-30 range most of the year (with the exception of a few months in late spring/early summer when dews are above 40). So, most of the time I try to avoid glycerin/humectants too high up the list, and my hair craves moisture big time. Here are some of my fave products so far:

Wash:
CJDF
L'Oreal Evercreme

Conditioner (RO):
Tresemme Naturals (moisture)
Suave Naturals (everlasting sunshine)
GVP conditioning balm
DB pumpkin seed

LI:
Giovanni direct LI
SM curl & style milk
As I Am LI
CK satin roots
Cure care

Stylers:
DB curl styling cream
DB cream gel
SS CEJ
BS curls stretch gelee
JC RR
FSG

Oils:
EO serum
Grapeseed oil
Apricot oil
Sweet almond oil

I have become a hopeless PJ, and I too love to experiment. So far, I am LOVING anything from DB. I haven't tried much of the CK line, but love the LI and would like to try some of the other products. Same with BS- the gelee is awesome, and I would like to try more of that line. I guess my hair prefers the more natural, boutique type products. I ordered a slew of samples of LI and gelee type products from kathymack (including CRN, Marie Dean, UFD, Shescentit, BS, etc.) and have been having tons of fun. I don't really like traditional gels, and have found that I prefer curl creams, cream gels and gelees. I prefer to have soft, touchable hair and will sacrifice some hold/definition for that. I used to think I had a protein sensitivity, but I think I just needed to get the protein/moisture balance correct, and cut down on humectants. I've never tried straight coconut oil, but my hair seems to like it in products so that's on my list.

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk
2c/3a, botticelli/wavy/'swavy (huh?)
fine, dense, normal porosity/elasticity, dry climate

My favorite brands are Kinky Curly, As I am, Curly Kinks, Curl Junkie, and Darcy's Botanicals. Also love sealing with oils (loving argan oil right now) and styling with jelly products (KCCC is my current favorite). Mostly trying to keep it simple!

CG since 12/29/2011