My LP hair definitely does not like shea butter. Anytime I tried it my hair laughed and would just sit there, strands crossed, chanting I shall not be moved.

Totally had me thinking she didn't like butter but I recently used a sample of Marie Dean's Mango Cupuacu Hair and Body Pudding for a TO and she was soooo happy! You def might be onto something. Curious to hear what other curlies think of these alternative butters as well....
Originally Posted by kesalica
I have A LOT of the Marie Dean products--over 20 at last count. When I first found them a little over 2 years ago, I'd use at least one 5 or 6 times a week for about 18 months. (I wet, use a rinse out and style every day.) I can only use one as a styling product. I think they "seal" the moisture in my hair. I'm not sure it's the alternate butters, or just that the products are really well formulated.

I find that the pudding, styling cream, leave in and yogurt smoothie all work really well for this purpose. Some of the other styling products work as well. Only issue is that some of the products "come and go." They'll be available, then they aren't, then they are, etc.
3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
modified CG, since April '07
CG since 3/11/08

SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic (now Hello Curly Curl Stimulater); Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Marie Dean Leave Ins and Curl Creams