I didn't see it but from what you described, it sounds like maybe the curls are brushed out? If that's the case, of course they have terrible hair, they probably manipulated these poor women into getting their lovely curls all brushed and teased so that it looked like they had horrible hair and then they'd have a reason to do a hair make over show. I'm sure they didn't need anything done to their hair before getting on the show.
Originally Posted by DominicanaHeat

Maury is NOTORIOUS for this!! They had this bi-racial girl on the show once and brushed her hair out until it was a huge frizzball. It could have been a nice looking afro if they would have styled it properly. Of course she hated her hair and so did all of her friends. So they straighten her hair (which could have been done at home) and viola! She has tons of friends and looks INSTANTLY better. So would I, if my hair resembled a huge dried out brillo pad like hers did.
Originally Posted by jada1111
I saw that Maury show, in fact I posted here about it. That show infuriated both me and my mom. Even she said she never saw 'before' hair look so bad. And of course she came out stick straight (like she could do THAT every day!) They had her family on the show, lamenting about how this poor girl styles her hair for 2 hours every day and it comes out this bad.....and how she constantly *****es about her hair. I am so naive that I thought they would give her a lesson on caring for her hair to make it better, tips on fighting frizz, etc....not ironing the life out of it!

I have a friend who knows someone that was on the Style Network on that show "How Do I Look"...and tho that show focuses mostly on clothes, they really 'frumped her up' for her before shots, and they left her hair all stringy and dirty....as if she walks around like that every day. My friend was shocked at the 'before' images and said while she needed some help, she didn't look like THAT beforehand!

I guess its all about the "WOW" factor of a dramatic change. But still they are ignoring a huge population of us curlies that can actually use some advice once in a while. And to see one of these makeover victims come out with a head of beautiful curly hair would thrill me so much that I again would post here! :-)

But sadly I'm thinking that post will never happen....
"Time may be a great healer, but it's a lousy beautician"