When you straighten transitioning hair, you want to extra careful of the line of demarcation (where your natural hair and relaxed hair meets), because you hair is most fragile here. Even though I'm fully natural, I'm still extra careful when I straighten my hair no make sure I get a smooth, straightened finish, that will bounce back to the healthy curls that I know and love come wash day. Here's my routine!
1 Day Before:
1. Clarify hair
2. Apply a protein treatment, rinse and follow with a moisturizing deep conditioning treatment, rinse
3. Lightly apply a light leave-in to damp hair and section off into four sections
1. Lightly spray hair with water so hair is 20% damp
2. Apply heat protectant (I mix Fantasia IC Hair Polisher with CHI Silk Infusion) and blow dry
3. I then apply a bit more CHI Silk Infusion before I flat iron in thin sections (i NEVER exceed 400 degrees, if I even reach 400. I usually stay at 375.)