Hey curlypearl!
When I "straighten" my hair, it's never really straight, I don't like how straight hair looks on me anymore. I wear it more in waves and big voluminous curls. I always use cones when I wear it that way. Basically, I just do a blow out with a round brush, the diameter of the brush will determine how curly my blow out is. I use the exact same method as Chaz Dean does on his Wen models. It's fairly easy and looks great, and I avoid the damage from curling irons and flat irons. Here's a video: Round Brush Blow dry - YouTube
She has another video that's basically exactly the same but she pins up each section so the curls are tighter. This is my favorite technique if I'm not wearing my hair natural.

HTH

ETA: To make sure you get the most from this technique you have to use a boar bristle brush with nylon bristles as well, I've tried it with other brushes and they either pull my hair or burn it, or just don't work right. I bought mine at Sally's for $5.
How's My Hair?
Review: L'Oreal Evercreme Cleansing Conditioner
Review: Yes To Carrots Nourishing Shampoo & Pampering Conditioner + 35% off at YTC.com

3a-b, fine & medium texture, medium-high porosity from years of damaging. I'm addicted to changing my hair color.
Cleansing: No-Poo, Elucence MBS, YTC Poo,
Conditioner: One Condition, JC Too Shea!, YTC Condish, Elucence MBC, Joico Daily, KCKT
Styling: KCCC, LALPS, BRHG, Biotera Gel
SMB Photography

Last edited by smasters467; 06-15-2012 at 08:44 AM.