View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 10:43 AM   #6
JJJungleJim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amun View Post
This is the first time I grew my hair out so I have little experience with hair care, so bear with me. My hair is currently about 5 inches. I noticed when I detangle/comb my hair in the morning it tends to look frizzy throughout the day. However, when I don't detangle/comb it in the morning and just use my fingers and some light moisturizer I tend to get very nice soft locks (very smooth looking). Also, it always falls down and I never get frizz when I don't use a comb. Overall it looks much better and I think I like it more this way.

My question is, how long can I continue not combing my hair? I don't want dreadlocks, but I like the temporary soft ones I get now. Is combing once a week enough to prevent it? Your input is appreciated.
Like you, I also have 3b/3c hair and am growing it out. My is over 12 inches long now and I hope to grow it to waist-length.

Like the others said, its best to only comb it when it is wet and you have put a detangler like KCKT in it.

I have found that putting some mousse in my hair after washing, conditioning, and combing it can help control the frizzies. I am using Tigi Catwalk Curlesque lightweight mousse and am pleased with the results.

"I've had enough. This is my prayer. That I'll die living just as free as my hair."
JJJungleJim is offline   Reply With Quote