View Single Post
Old 06-17-2012, 02:30 AM   #1
jsuzkelley

Default Need product recs for my daughter

I have a 10 yr old daughter with fine, dense 2a-2b hair. Right now her hair is shoulder length (growing out from a horrible bob cut - bad stylist **shudder**). She tries to brush it straight, but the ends always flip out or under, and she has a strong cowlick at her crown. Her hair does tend to frizz some, I think mostly from all the brushing. She didn't used to like her hair because it wouldn't stay straight. But after seeing me care for my own curls, she's decided she wants her hair curly. Her hair is not as curly or dry as mine, so what works on my hair doesn't work for her. She gets beautiful waves, and even some loose curls after washing, but they don't hold. Her moisture level is good, but I'm looking to find something to help hold the wave/curl without weighing down her hair. Also, the routine should be simple/easy as she does her own hair ( I like to provide advice and info, but give her the freedom to do it how she likes). TIA for your help. Below is a pic of her hair freshly washed and conditioned.

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk

My favorite brands are Kinky Curly, As I am, Curly Kinks, Curl Junkie, and Darcy's Botanicals. Also love sealing with oils (loving argan oil right now) and styling with jelly products (KCCC is my current favorite). Mostly trying to keep it simple!

CG since 12/29/2011
jsuzkelley is offline   Reply With Quote