Thread: Birth story #3
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2012, 08:15 AM   #20
Like.Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by webjockey View Post
thank you, everyone.

@Like.Australia

I didn't know if you were doing the placenta encapsulation for PPD or not, but I wanted to mention that my midwife recommended me to take lots of vitamin D to help with mood and other stuff, and that there have been studies about african american women specifically having significant vitamin D deficiencies after giving birth.

I haven't had a chance to verify this on my own but wanted to throw that out there for ya.
I've just been reading about placenta encapsulation and it was mentioned at my birth class, as well as at my birth center, so it's available to me. I just can't decide if it's "for me" or not. My midwife said I can pretty much decide at the last minute if I want to do it, so if I haven't decided for or against it by that point, I guess I'll either give her the yay or nay on the spot. This is my first pregnancy, so I have no idea if I'll be affected by PPD. From what I've heard/read, it's more common than most people think though. I've been taking D3 all throughout pregnancy as rec'ed by my midwife, but I wasn't aware that it was beneficial for mood. I'll have to read up on that. Thanks for the added info.
Like.Australia is offline   Reply With Quote