View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 01:18 PM   #154
jsuzkelley

Default any hair twins out there?

Hair Biography

Curl Pattern: 2c/3a
Texture: fine
Porosity: normal
Density: medium - thick (my ponytail is exactly 4" around - so according to fia I'm at the high end of normal)
Elasticity: normal
Characteristics: good root curl on the sides, but not on top, hard to straighten (would have to use a flat iron - if I try to do a blow-out, I end up with a huge, poofy, frizzy mess). Curlier on the sides (3a bordering on 3b) but the rest is more like 2c-3a *with some 2b on the very underlayer). I have good spirals, but they are very elongated (only get about 2-3" of shrinkage). My hair tends to get curlier when it's longer, and frizzes easily. It holds its curl well without needing a hard hold gel (although the curls do loosen on days I don't wash and re-style), but can get weighed down.

CG/ModCG/not CG: CG

Hair ingredient likes: oils (haven't found one I didn't like), honey, botanicals, FSG, jelly products, natural/simple products, silk protein (slowly adding back other types of proteins now that I have a good moisture balance)

Hair ingredient dislikes: magnesium sulfate (too drying), glycerin/humectants too high up the list, too many chemical ingredients, hard gold gels.

Hard/Soft Water: hard

HG/Go-to Products: Too many to name! Like to keep a fully loaded arsenal and rotate, but right now my favorites are TN moisture, any Darcy's Botanicals product, Botanical Spirits stretch curls gelee, CK satin roots LI
Average climate/dew points: dry climate (Colorado). Low dews most of the year, moderate in the summer.
Fall/Winter combos: same as spring/summer - maybe add a little more moisture and avoid glycerin/humectants (but I do that most of the time anyway).
Spring/Summer combos: right now, loving CJDF, GVP CB for RO, CK LI, BS gelee, and DB curl styling creme for sealing ends.

Favorite styling techniques and why: raking/combing products into soaking wet hair (distributes better for me), super soaker (to reform clumps), scrunch and pump with head upside down (encourage curls/root curl), sealing ends with a product rich in oil/butters, plopping for a short time (shortens dry time), and pineapple at night.
Techniques that didnít work and why: plopping too long (derforms curls), applying products to damp hair (messes up my curls and caues frizz).

Hair Twins: haven't found any yet

My favorite brands are Kinky Curly, As I am, Curly Kinks, Curl Junkie, and Darcy's Botanicals. Also love sealing with oils (loving argan oil right now) and styling with jelly products (KCCC is my current favorite). Mostly trying to keep it simple!

CG since 12/29/2011
jsuzkelley is offline   Reply With Quote