Hair Biography

Curl Pattern: 2b, 2c
Texture: fine
Porosity: med
Density: medium
Elasticity: low
Characteristics: My hair is really flat at the top, and it doesn't really start being wavy until it hits the top of my ears. It looks curlier as it gets longer. It's pretty easy to straighten with a flat iron, but I can't straighten it with a blowdryer. It does well when I layer products and it likes heavy products. I haven't had much luck with putting plane oils on it, but I does well with oil-rich products. It is not easily weighed down.

CG/ModCG/not CG: CG

Hair ingredient likes: Olive Oil, Shea Butter, Coconut Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, flax seed gel, protein, tea tree oil

Hair ingredient dislikes: sulfates, baking soda, eggs, too much glycerin in the winter

Hard/Soft Water: hard

HG/Go-to Products: Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie, Biosilk Rock Hard Gelee, Yes to Carrots Conditioner, AO Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner

Average climate/dew points: Very humid over the summer. Dry during the winter.

Fall/Winter combos: Yes to Carrots Leave in, seal with SM Smoothie, LA Looks Sports Gel
Spring/Summer combos: Basically the same thing, but maybe more gel. Yes to Carrots Leave in, seal with SM Smoothie, LA Looks Sports Gel, Biosilk Rock Hard Gelee

Favorite styling techniques and why: Icequeen method for volume, raking in conditioner then crunching in gel, plopping for 3-5 minutes to form curls, reapplying gel after I plop, pixicurl method for increased curliness (I usually airdry because it's less effort), letting my hair dry crunchy then SOTC
Techniques that didn’t work and why: clipping didn't hold after I took the clips out, Supersoaker made my hair really flat, extended/overnight plopping made my hair wonky and weighed down, up-right product application left my hair even flatter on top

Hair Twins: I'm all alone. Most people with my hair properties like really light products, and I tend to be really heavy handed with strong products. I've tried reducing product amount lately.
Fine Texture, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity. Dyed to brown a few months ago.
Lowpoo:
Trader Joe's TTT Shampoo
Rinse Out:
Yes to Carrots, AOHR, Aubrey Organics Rosemary Peppermint
LI: Yes to Carrots
Stylers: Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie, LA Looks Sports, Suave Professionals Captivating Curls Whipped Mousse

Last edited by rainboe; 06-19-2012 at 04:38 PM.