I'm back.

Renpure unfortunately isn't working for me. The argan oil is too heavy, and the keratin is too proteinaceous. :[ I gave it a valiant effort and made it through a bottle of each, almost. They'd start off ok, but it would get buildy-uppy within a few days and I'd be using shampoo again. Good hair days were only about 2-4 days after shampoo. Then days 5+ would be stringy and oily, and the shampoo day would be frizzy.

BUT I recently found the Yes To Carrots at target. I guess it's been there all along, but in a weird section not with the other hair care. It's by lotions and stuff. huh. So I tried that, and while it's kind of heavy, I think it may be the answer for me. The next weeks will tell!
Originally Posted by shizzlebeans
The Keratin was definitely not for me either - I can tolerate some protein, but shea butter makes my hair do bizarre things! The Argan is much better, and I haven't had any buildup issues, but then I alternate my products pretty frequently.

The one I like the best is the new Australian "Sun and Surf" line. I get less frizz and better curls, and it has the same intriguing smell as the other formulas (oh.hi.its.steph describes it as reminiscent of Play-Doh, which is spot on).

YTC is also quite good, and I'm considering the Cucumbers poo and condish as well, based on the glowing feedback on the board (I'm such a lemming - hangs head in shame).

After a major spending spree when I first went CG, my primary objective now is to find reasonably priced, locally available products that give me results I can live with.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. - Jimi
2c/3a, BSL, medium, low porosity
Low-poo: Bobeam and CV poo bars; Acure Argan Oil & Stem Cell
Conditioner: Acure Argan Oil & Stem Cell; Desert Essence Shea
Stylers: Sweet Curls Elixir Curl Cream; SM CES
PT: BASK Whiskey Soak