I'm not trying to tell you anything about your cousins. You initially framed the issue as your cousins being regretful that they married young because they couldn't have your life. So no, it doesn't invalidate my point about you making assumptions about people who choose to get married young. Basically, what you revealed afterwards about them just points to the real problem with them being married young, not that marrying young itself is the problem.

And of course marriage entails more than just being in love. My point is why do you assume that people who decide to do it young don't think about these things? Or that they do it for the wrong reasons? You paint with a VERY wide brush.

Also, I'm older than you and I'm never going to want to party. It's just not something that's ever going to be an appealing lifestyle to me. Ever. You can party away. I promise I won't feel deprived.
Originally Posted by Saria
Understandable. But the main thing I noticed among my friends that do want to get married is that they're doing it for religious reasons, which is totes fine by me even though I am not religious. But when my friend and I ask why do they actually want to get married, we're met by a blank stare and so women say back to us: "we never thought about it like that". I'm not trying to say everyone that does it is immature and unprepared because a select few are able to do it and do it successfully. But from what I've seen and heard by younger females around me, they don't really seem to have a reason for wanting to be married, minus the pretty wedding dress

Of course it's not stupid if that's what you like to do but you're being hypocritical. You think it's loserish at a certain age just as some people see it loserish at any age, including 20s. If it's something you enjoy, then you should do it.

I'm 33 and go out(to clubs) about once a week. The only reason I don't go more often is because I am older and my body physically can't handle it, recovery time is a lot longer and I waste a whole day such as today. I have to make my work up on the weekend. In my 20's I was good by noon. I went out last night to watch the game with a friend who is from Miami and a huge fan. Then we went out to celebrate, naturally. He was happy as hell and had money to burn. We went to a strip club with a couple of his friends..then I ended up staying over and came back home this morning to go to work. I guess that's considered wild but I only do this once in a while(as in a few times a year).

I still go to Miami every other month mainly to party and hang out and went to Vegas over Memorial day weekend, went to a pool party everyday, including rehab on Sunday. It was awesome! Yes that experience would not be there if I was in a relationship(girls trips), and I am glad I was able to experience this before. Now I just enjoy it until I meet someone. I know married couples that still go to Vegas and travel a lot together, but obviously it's a bit different.

It's something I enjoy and don't see stopping anytime soon just because I'm not in my 20s. It's not something to get out of the way. I will continue until I meet someone and then modify, I would like to do almost the same things with him and our friends. I see other couples and groups(at my age) with similar lifestyles. It's really not that big of a deal, just a different lifestyle. I wonder if I'll ever get bored of it, I imagine it will happen one of these days but not anytime soon. And obviously if I ever have kids, things would change.
Originally Posted by Josephine
Oh no! I did not mean to insult. I meant the creeps who run up to young females and telling them they have a yacht. I have run into so many men in their thirties to forties who run towards me like a bunch of perves to brag about the money they have. It's so weird. And a lot of them are MARRIED. I think that just strengthens my belief that men should go ahead and get their promiscuity out of the way until they're tired of it. If I can count how many times older men have come to me to tell me about their homes and travels and how they have a GF at home, but it's not ~important~. It's rather insulting! Makes me think such talk works with most young women though. It doesn't help that I live in a very expensive part of Cali where the avg. home is a million dollars, so I'm sure a lot of these men aren't joking. But I'm not interested.

If you're chillin' with your girls and friends or whoever, then get it gurl. I'm more bothered by the weirdos who are trying to be hip and cool with the 21 year olds. You know what I mean?

Anyway, can I just say I admire your lifestyle? I kind of want to be you in a decade

I agree with you 100%. I mainly hope to meet a man that can keep up with me (not right no though). A lot of guys I have met believe in the traditional **** and I am not down for that nor am I in a rush to have children. I was a nanny and that was the biggest birth control ever. I'm convinced that my mid-thirties will be dedicated to childcare, but RN I want some things, you know? I want to be like you and chill at the poolside with my cocktail and giggle with my girlfriends.

If a man accepts me as is then I'm down for it.
Check out my personal blog

Last edited by sleepymeko; 06-22-2012 at 05:19 PM.