Up until this second, I never thought the nod thing was anything serious. It's merely a greeting. Like when other ethnic or racial groups greet each other with a handshake, a wave or kisses planted on each cheek.

Regarding the other issue, I grew up in a predominantly orthodox Jewish neighborhood. Every single second of each day during my childhood, there were constant reminders on how different I was. My junior high and high school had diverse populations and blacks made up at least a third of the student body in both cases. It was extremely comforting for me just to see and greet other black people. It's human nature for people to gravitate toward those that share their heritage and look like them. Why some whites find the sight of a group of blacks, Asians or whatever other ethnic group hanging out together so threatening, I'll never understand. I could care less when I see a group of whites hanging out together.
Fine haired, low density, highly porous curly kinky lady
Last relaxer: Not sure. 3/08 or 4/08
BC'd: 9/18/09
Co-wash: Suave Naturals, HEHH, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle, CJ Daily Fix
Leave-In: KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In, CJ Smoothing Lotion
Stylers: ORS Twist and Loc Gel, KCCC, Ecostyler, SheaMoisture Deep Treatment Masque
Deep Conditioner: DevaCurl Heaven In Hair, CJ Deep Fix

http://confessionsofladyv69.wordpress.com/