Old 06-27-2012, 03:54 AM   #3749
Jo Somebody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbanjogirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umph View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbanjogirl View Post
Are the "high dye content" hennas like the ones tested from hennasooq or whateva REALLY any better than Jamila or your average BAQ henna. I always get BAQ but I'm skeptical of ones that list dye content b/c how do you know their hennas are truly tested? This stuff is loosely regulated, if at all, from my understanding. I have little gray hair but what I have is WHITE. Henna doesn't phase it or at least mine doesn't. It takes several applications and even then you can still tell it's a grey hair! I'm looking at Red Raj and wondering if it's any better.... Is it finely sifted like Jamila b/c one of the reviewers said their's was a bit grainy?
I find red raj to be grainy, be sure to strain the henna before applying. I had bits of twigs in my hair after numerous washings.
Thanks, that's what I was worried about. I know mehandi.com sells henna specifically for African hair. After using Rainbow, I see why there is a market for that! Though, I've never had probs with BAQ Jamila on that. Was just hoping to find something with stronger color output. Might try it, can't decide...
Mix it ahead of time and freeze it for a week+. Results should be more intense.

Love: QB - all of it, Bobeam - shampoo bars, Darcy's Botanicals - Pumpkin Seed Conditioner, Coconut Cupuacu Pomade, KBN - Shealoe Leave-in, Oyin - Juices & Berries, Kinky Curly - Knot Today, Ayurvedic treatments, my Denman and the cloud of kinky goodness on my head that I get to play with!
Jo Somebody is offline   Reply With Quote