This thread is unbelievably interesting to me. I have thought for several years that I may have fibromyalgia. I'm always stiff and achy, have chronic insomnia, am forgetful, and always cold. I had my thyroid tested a couple of years ago (bloodwork was normal) and have tried several different Rx's for insomnia (nothing worked). I started running/exercising about a year ago, hoping that would help with my overall health and fitness. It has been wonderful on many levels, but I've been perplexed as to why it hasn't helped with my insomnia and achiness. How does one get tested for FM?

Thanks to all for the great info here...it's really interesting.

ETA: oh, another interesting little tidbit - I JUST gave up caffeine a few days ago to see if that would help with my insomnia, even though I only drank 2 cups in the a.m. I thought it was worth a shot. Now I'm anxious to see if it helps with the stiffness, too.
The smallest deed is greater than the grandest intention.

I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul. (Invictus - William Ernest Henley)

Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that,
Used to worry 'bout rich and skinny, 'til I wound up poor and fat,
Nowadays I kind of worry where my mind's been at,
Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that. (Delbert McClinton - I Used to Worry from Never Been Rocked Enough)

Last edited by VTmom; 06-27-2012 at 07:57 AM.