Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbanjogirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Somebody View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbanjogirl View Post

Thanks, that's what I was worried about. I know mehandi.com sells henna specifically for African hair. After using Rainbow, I see why there is a market for that! Though, I've never had probs with BAQ Jamila on that. Was just hoping to find something with stronger color output. Might try it, can't decide...
Mix it ahead of time and freeze it for a week+. Results should be more intense.
Yeah, my last 2 batches were frozen. It really seems to help. I think I need to leave my henna on longer too. I can never find 6 spare hours to leave it on my hair but that seems to work best.
I do it overnight, wash it out the next morning/day then deep condition for at least the rest of that day. However, I never bother to let the dye release for more than 30mins (the time it takes the hot hibiscus tea to cool down). I let it release on my head. I'm too disorganised!
My hair is in the 4s, low in porosity, high in density and coarse.

Love: QB - all of it, Bobeam - shampoo bars, Darcy's Botanicals - Pumpkin Seed Conditioner, Coconut Cupuacu Pomade, KBN - Shealoe Leave-in, Oyin - Juices & Berries, Kinky Curly - Knot Today, Ayurvedic treatments, my Denman and the cloud of kinky goodness on my head that I get to play with!