View Single Post
Old 07-01-2012, 08:05 PM   #16
sleepymeko

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticSpiral View Post
The other thread got me thinking about the time I learned that everyone in my graduating class thought (and most still do think) that I'm a lesbian.

Apparently it started early in middle school when a mean group of girls, who hated me because they couldn't get to me, started the rumor. I ignored them, and didn't even deny or confirm it, because I always acted like they weren't worth my attention. Its why they hated me. I assumed that after the new 'Shelby gave a guy a ****job in the restroom' came out (untrue) the 'Mystic is a lesbian' rumor was forgotten.

Little did I know. By senior year of high school the whole 'clique' thing dissolved and people relaxed a little and I got less defensive and started making friends with people I've known for years and the summer after graduation someone asked if I'd like to go on a double date with him, his girlfriend, and another girl. I cleared it up, but I never made a blanket announcement to everyone in my class.

Did anyone else learn about rumors about themselves after the fact?
I got the lesbian thing in middle school too. IDK. I think it was because I was into skateboarding/somewhat gothic at the time, but that's just stupid. Everyone wears jeans and black.

I moved around a lot as a child so I never had rumors that stayed or something. I don't even notice when there are rumors about me TBH. I am SO SLOW when it comes to "gossip". I probably wouldn't know until a decade later. I think it's because I zone out 99% of the time and I only know if someone is talking **** if I hear them talk **** infront of me. Otherwise, I don't hear it.

And honestly, I don't care either, haha. I was bullied so much in grade school, after a while you learn not to care anymore.

sleepymeko is offline   Reply With Quote