K-12 people worked over time to make others believe that I was a mean girl. It wasn't a big deal in grade school bc my class was small and very tight knit. The rumors were always started by girls in lower grades. One day my entire class confronted the main source of the problem, who I had words with more than once, without me knowing or asking. Gotta love family

High school was a different situation. I couldn't even walk in the door without being approached by someone and accused of spreading horrible rumors about them, or making fun of the way they dressed. Half the time I didn't even know their first or last name and on more than one occasion we would be wearing almost identical clothing. It never made sense.

When I started my job a co worker told anyone, and everyone, that they should not bother speaking to me. She told them all that I was shy and lacked personality so it wouldn't do any good to try. Thankfully there were a handful of officers/fire dept mbrs that didn't listen, and actually requested to speak to me. They made me feel welcome and helped me train. I appreciate them more than they know. It does still amaze me how many people believed this to be true. 9 years later and I have an incredibly good reputation as a worker, but have still never been invited to functions outside of work. But hey! I didn't come there to goof off.

Worn out iPhone. Need I say more?
When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

Last edited by Fifi.G; 07-02-2012 at 07:03 AM.