To me, this is the most difficult part of makeup and it has been very frustrating. One problem I've found is that the foundation always dries much darker than in the bottle - think of paint drying. Even when foundation is tried on my skin in a dept. store, it looks very different 5 minutes later. Also, it oxides during the day which changes the color.

I've been trying stick foundations and they don't seem to change as much as liquid or creams for some reason. I don't know if you can find much selection in a drugstore for a stick type foundation. As the saying goes "I feel your pain!"

The suggestion to get tested at MAC is very good because they have so many colors but in my experience the MAC people don't give out samples. You might try a Sephora if you live near one - they've given lots of samples to me and that really helps. Also, Estee Lauder will give you a free sample which is supposedly in your best foundation color. Any Estee at any dept. store will do this.

Good luck with this. I'm actually beginning to think I'll conquer the whole hair thing before I conquer the foundation thing!!!
2/c and some 3A.
Protein sensitive but can use occasionally
Highly porous. Color over grey.
Best 1st day method: Super Soaker
Stylers: Mix Curls in a Bottle into everything for shine. Terrible pj
Sometimes try roller sets - classic glamor but I prefer my curls.
Every day is a gift