How can your hair be highly porous and protein sensitive. That doesn't make sense to me. Make sure that your hair is not just temporarily protein overloaded.
Originally Posted by cassochinadoll
My hair is porous, but it is also coarse. The coarse nature of my strands makes protein use difficult. It only tends to like keratin proteins.

Siri types my posts for me.
Originally Posted by redcelticcurls
Yes, same.

I actually have started using EVOO again and my hair really likes it! Maybe the oil is used before was unrefined or i was using another product that caused me to think the EVOO was not so great for my hair. Either way, I love it now!

If you don't mind explaining, what are keratin proteins and what are some examples?
20 y/o lifelong natural {4a-O ; spongy ; coarse ; dense ; ~MBL stretched (2 inches from WL)}

products {'poo: TJTTT shampoo | RO: TJTTT Condish | LI/style: TJTTT Condish, SM Manuka Conditioner, homemade cocoa butter cream | DC: condish + ayurvedic powder(s), SM Manuka Mask | PT: condish + NPF | oils: castor oil, grapeseed oil | other treatments: probiotics, tea rinses, AVG rinse/spritz, oil rinse | sealing method: LOCO}

long-term: HL stretched, BSL unstretched

CG-friendly Products List!