I've had a box of Knox Gelatin sitting on my kitchen counter for a month, trying to get up the nerve to do a PT after reading so many accounts of straw-like reactions. I finally did it last weekend. I was afraid to leave it on for too long so I only left it in for about three minutes, then rinsed and conditioned with SN Everlasting Sunshine. I didn't notice any difference in my hair at all.

So last night, I decided to do a longer PT and I let it dry in my hair. Rinsed it out and was again afraid of too much protein, so I made a DT from 4 parts conditioner and 1 part jojoba oil, slathered that on, wrapped it in plastic wrap and a towel and let it sit for two hours. Rinsed and let it air dry. My hair was EXTREMELY soft and frizzy around the crown.

This morning my DH looked at my hair and went, "Oh... wow...." Looked in the mirror and I had a GIANT head of very soft frizz! I washed out the remains of the DT with Jessicurl GLS and styled as usual. I don't really notice any difference in the way my hair looks or behaves, except the waves are a little looser than usual. Same amount of frizz as always. Don't know if I'll do another PT any time soon...it doesn't seem to do anything for me.
2C/2B; Med-fine texture, Normal porosity/elasticity, med-thin density; Color treated
Cleanse: Jessicurl GLS, L'Oreal EverCreme cleansing conditioner
Co-Wash: SNES, VO5 Kiwi Lime
RO/LI: Jessicurl Aloeba and TooShea!, KCKT, GVPCB
Stylers: KCCC (HG!), SM C&S Milk, BRHG, Jessicurl Gelebration Spray, Confident Coils
CG since 4/23/12
Located in Houston, Texas

"Hair really is the crowning glory of a woman. It lights up her person, it frames her face, it makes a halo around her." - Ann Harding