Thanks for the responses! Sorry I haven't reported back.

As far as hair properties, my daughter has fine, dense hair with normal porosity/elasticity. The ringlets in that pic above are only on the under layer right behind her ears. The rest is wavy - probably a mix of 2a-2b with the occasional 2c spot (for some reason my phone won't let me post a pic). But I'm hoping CG will help those waves tighten up and become more consistent.

The last time she let me try to style her hair curly, we washed with L'Oreal evercream sulfate-free shampoo. RO was L'Oreal Evercream silicone-free condish, then a little Cure Care condish for LI, and Aussie IF gel. We plopped for about 20 minutes, then air dried. She had very beautiful waves, but they didn't hold well enough for 2nd day hair and she ended up brushing it out. She uses the sulfate/silicone-free poo and condish regularly, but getting her to stop brushing her hair and let it be wavy/curly is a challenge. She loves to brush her hair!

We're going to try again today - I'm going to try co-washing with SN coconut, them Giovanni DLI and SS CEJ. Will post results!

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk
2c/3a, botticelli/wavy/'swavy (huh?)
fine, dense, normal porosity/elasticity, dry climate

My favorite brands are Kinky Curly, As I am, Curly Kinks, Curl Junkie, and Darcy's Botanicals. Also love sealing with oils (loving argan oil right now) and styling with jelly products (KCCC is my current favorite). Mostly trying to keep it simple!

CG since 12/29/2011